Dear Sisters and Brothers,
Good morning in the name of Jesus on this 5th Sunday in the season of Lent! Below you will find the following links:
1. Sunday School resources for our children, courtesy of the Indiana-Kentucky Synod. I would invite the parents of school age children to check out these lectionary based materials and spend some time immersed in God’s word together. The resources can be found at https://iksynod.org/2020/03/28/sunday-school-home-march-29-2020/
2. Our worship service for today can be found at: https://youtu.be/Jj4ZyFJTfS0. It includes a children’s sermon this week, too!
3. A bulletin for today’s worship service, including the full text of the sermon can be found at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqa7n13p3x5lsqg/March%2029%2C%202020%20%28bulletin%29.pdf?dl=0
4. The weekly announcements (a regular feature while we are worshipping in this online format) can be found at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zr1t5naexqaglr/Scroll%20April%202020%20announcement.pdf?dl=0
Please know that I pray for you all and think about you many times a day during these challenging times. Even though we are physically apart, we ARE Church together!
I would like to invite you to stay up-to-date on the latest happenings at Holy Trinity, including all the latest details and news regarding our COVID-19 plans, by regularly checking our website at holytrinitync.org. It has been completely revamped and you can see all the latest news and posts in a timeline-like fashion on the main page. You can also stay up-to-date by checking out our Facebook page, which will have other little tidbits, meditations, etc. from time to time.
Stewardship is an important part of being a follower of Jesus, so I want to encourage you to continue to be good stewards in the following ways:
1. Please take stay at home and social distancing orders/recommendations seriously. You can always get the latest, reliable information at coronavirus.gov.
2. Please continue to financially support the work of Holy Trinity! Even though we don’t gather in person on Sunday, the important mission and day-to-day work of Holy Trinity continues. Your financial support, while always important, is especially important in these days as we respond to near-term and long-term ministry and mission needs. You can give by sending a check through the mail and you can also give online (wow!) at our website. Check out the “Giving” menu or the “Give” button on the right side of the page. It is extremely convenient and easy. Give it a try. You can even use Apple Pay!
3. Please look for ways that you can support the work of your wider community. Stay tuned on the website and Facebook page for ways you can help. The needs are great, and they will only get greater.
Thank you in advance for the great generosity that I am confident you will show!
Friends, next Sunday is Palm Sunday, and we will walk the holy journey from the cross to the empty tomb together. I am deeply saddened that we cannot be together in person for this holiest of weeks. But, I am thankful that, through technology, we can still join together in prayer, in song, in preaching, and in praise. We are resurrection people, even in the midst of a pandemic. Especially in the midst of a pandemic!
Please be well, sisters and brothers. See you (or, at least you’ll see me!) next Sunday for Palm Sunday!